KBBQWORKS is the only company in New Zealand that produces authentic Korean BBQ meat through Korean-style butchering. Our commitment lies in delivering true Korean BBQ meat, ensuring a genuine and delicious experience. For a more flavorful meat, the crucial process of aging plays a significant role. The taste can vary depending on how it’s done. KBBQWORKS meticulously manages optimal temperatures and durations for each cut, ensuring proper aging to enhance the overall quality. Through customized aging processes for each cut, KBBQWORKS consistently delivers meat that is always flavorful and uniform. Our dedication to detail ensures that our meat maintains a high standard of taste and texture for an unparalleled dining experience.
PyeonGalbi – NZ Beef Short rib, PS Grade, Korean Flatten Cut (Butter fly with bone 50mm) is one of Korean representative BBQ, referring to thinly sliced beef short ribs cut with bones. This method involves flattening the meat, making it easy to cook evenly, and it is served with bones, adding a distinct flavor.
Location and Features:
The meat taken from the Chuck Galbi (front part of LA Galbi) without removing the bones is called Pyeon-galbi. It is commonly used for Gui (Grilled Meat) and assorted menus due to its well-distributed fat within the muscle and uniform texture.
Taste and Characteristics:
Pyeon-galbi, due to its flat shape, cooks easily and is commonly prepared with bones. Marinated pyeon-galbi offers a special flavor as the savory taste of the meat blends harmoniously with the seasoning. Served with bones, it provides a rich texture, and it is common to dip it in sauce or wrap it with various leafy greens.
Pyeon-galbi is typically presented on a platter, and the common style is grilling directly on the grid. Traditionally, enjoying pyeon-galbi at the table with family or friends is the customary way to indulge in this dish.
Sauces and Accompaniments:
- Salt and Pepper: The most common sauce that allows you to fully appreciate the flavor of the meat.
- Ssamjang: A widely enjoyed meat dipping sauce in Korea, harmonizing well with most meats.
- Galbi Sauce: Marinating in Galbi seasoning before grilling gives a different taste to Pyun-Galbi.
- Various leafy vegetables, herbs, and garlic can be added based on the situation to enjoy different flavors.
- Refrigeration: Pyun-Galbi is fresh meat, so refrigeration (0~4 degrees Celsius) is ideal.
- Freezing: If long-term storage is needed, wrap PyeonGalbi in food wrap and store it in the freezer. (Defrosting method: It’s recommended to slowly defrost frozen PyeonGalbi in the refrigerator before use.)
*It’s advisable to consume it within a short period if possible.
Customized packaging for different delivery methods ensures a strong and sustained cold state during shipping.
- Pickup: Custom-sized cold bags/boxes + liner bag + ice packs.
- Same-day delivery: Custom-sized box + liner bag + ice packs.
- Courier delivery: Custom-sized box + custom-sized cold bag/liner bag + ice packs.
* KBBQWORKS also offers same-day delivery in the Auckland area (for orders placed before 8 AM).
KBBQWORKS is an MPI-certified company.